Skip to main content

A Beauty in Details - Macro Smartphone Photography


I love to walk in the field or forest. I can feel the fresh air, or hear the sound of the wind and the sound of gurgling water. The view, green trees, blue sky, colourful flowers, and all of the amazing creature, everything attracted me. But the most important thing, it reminds me of The Creator. In this case, I agree with Pat Buckley, He said, "I can find God in nature, in animals, in birds, and environment."

Nature is a gigantic library. It always shows a new thing, even in a small thing. It makes me think again, so many things that I don't know. So, it's always interesting to capture it in photos. 

Actually, I am not a professional photographer, I'm just fascinated to do it. Initially, the equipment that I used just a smartphone. I used the Samsung "J5". Till one day, I think I need the additional tools, so I checked the Internet and decided to buy a macro lens for a smartphone. 

So, here I wanna share some pictures that I took.

1. Lady Bug





This is a ladybug on tomato's leaf. Unfortunately, this cute ladybug is a pest. It causes damage to the stem, leaves, and fruits of tomato. Honestly, I also made a video of this ladybug, just a simple video, as I told you it's really cute. Maybe you can watch it later. 


The fact, this cute creature is from these "forms", look the picture below. A ladybug goes through the life cycle, a complete metamorphosis. 

Fortunately, I capture all life stage in one photo.

First stage

Second stage

Third stage


2. Thrips


It's thrips, a pest of Ficus benjamina (Weeping Fig). It causes Weeping Fig's leaves rolled up, and discolouration to the leaves (as picture).
It's tiny, the length is about 5 mm, and the width less than 1 mm. When I used the macro lens I saw the movement of the thrips. It moved its tail like a whip. 


3. Bug

Honestly, it's the first time saw this bug. Maybe, because it's tiny or may because it's rare, I never realize this bug. It's found in my father's plantation. 

4. Big Red Ant (Semut Rangrang)



Indonesian people called it semut rangrang. It's a "big" ant if we compare with the other ants. I found it on the lime tree. For me, it's hard to take the picture of this ant, because of it really active. 

5. Grasshoppers
I've written about the grasshopper, but I guess it's still incomplete. I mean, when I went to the plantation there's still another grasshopper as the picture. I know, the best way to collect grasshopper is using the sweeping net, not by hand (Yeah, I know, it's just me-.-).


It found on taro leaves and it's a pest. 

Although, it also found on other plants (Borreria laevis)

It's good in camouflage, particularly on banana leaves litter

The colour is bright

grasshopper on celery

Atractomorpha crenulata

6. Moth
A tiny white moth on the grass stem.

7. Spiders
I used to not pay attention to spiders until I concerned with macro photography. And here, I found several spiders. I think they're amazing. 



Spider from Salticidae family, it's about 1 cm

Cosmophasis umbratica

Cosmophasis umbratica

Spider from Salticidae family, it's about 1 cm


8. Walang Sangit (Leptocorisa acuta Thunberg)



It's found on spinach. There's more than ten Leptocorisa acuta-s in one spinach plant. 

9. Fly
I don't know, but in my opinion, even the fly, it looks beautiful. 



A fly on Borreria laevis

Musca domestica

Banana Stalk Fly (Telostylinus lineolatus)

10. Unidentified 
I have no idea about this species. Maybe because it's my first time to saw it.


11. The Wild Flowers
There's a lot of beautiful wildflowers. They have different colour, form and size. And here some of them. 
The Purple-Pink Flowers
Fringed Spider, Maman Ungu (Cleome rutidosperma)

Lilac Tasselflower, Tempuh wiyang (Emilia sonchifolia)


Ironweed, Sawi Langit (Vernonia albicans)

Doveweed, Rumput Tapak Burung/Rumput Lidah Lembu (Murdannia nudiflora)

The Yellow Flowers
Marsh Para Cress, Jotong Kecil (Acmella uliginosa)

Synedrella, Jotang Kuta/Babadotan lalaki, (Synedrella nodiflora)

Sembung (Blumea balsamifera)

Rorippa indica

The Red Flowers


Bayam Pasir (Cyathula prostrata)

The Blue Flowers
We knew that blue is rare in nature. But I guess know the reason because blue is magnificent,
.
Sage river

Climbing DayflowerGewor (Commelina diffusa)

The Green Flower
Hyptis capitata

Bayam Pasir (Cyathula prostrata)

Peperomia pellucida

The Grass Flowers

Fimbristylis miliacea




Cyperus kyllingia

11. Zinnia
The last, here the zoom of a zinnia flower.


So, that's all. 
I have a conclusion, that everything reminds us...

"He Who created all the things in the best way..."(al-Sajdah 32:7). 
"Thus, everything in the universe has been created beautiful, with purpose and in proportion and measure, both qualitatively and quantitatively"(al-Qamar 54:49).



Note:
It's not advertising but here maybe you need the link to get detail/more info about the macro lens that I used.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Golden Tortoise Beetle, Kepik Emas, Bolokotono (Aspidomorpha sanctaecrucis), in Sumedang, West Java, Indonesia

Aspidomorpha sanctaecrucis This is  Aspidomorpha sanctaecrucis , commonly known as Golden Tortoise Beetle.  It's similar in Bahasa, mostly Indonesia people called it as Kepik emas or Kumbang Kura-kura Emas (kepik/kumbang=beetle; Kura-kura; tortoise; emas=golden). Maybe because of they're golden and shine colour, just like a golden and also the dorsal (upper side) form looks like tortoise shell (carapace). But, the local name (Sumedang; Sundanese) is totally different, that is Bolokotono. Even me as Sundanese, I don't know, why it's called Bolokotono? If you search Bolokoto in your search engine, it refers to a song, the title is Bolokotono, but the song isn't about the beetle, it is about someone.  Ini adalah  Aspidimorpha sanctaecrucis , secara umum dikenal sebagai Golden Tortoise Bettle. Namanya sama dalam Bahasa, kebanyakan orang-orang menyebutnya sebagai Kepik emas atau  Kumbang Kura-kura Emas. Mungkin karena warnanya emas dan bersinar, seperti hal

Thrips (Gynaikothrips uzeli), Weeping Fig (Ficus benjamina) Pest, Hama Beringin

This is thrips, one of Weeping Fig ( Ficus Benjamina )   pest. It causes damage to the leaves. The leaves roll and curl, the outer part of the leaf (lower epidermis) shows black and yellow spots. Most of these insects live with their translucent white larvae and eggs on the inside of the leaves. But, some are laying eggs on the outside of the leaves (as in the picture). Ini adalah thrips, salah satu hama pada beringin ( Ficus Benjamina ) . Hama ini menyebabkan kerusakan pada daun. Daun menggulung dan keriting, bagian luar daun (epidermis bawah) terlihat bercak-bercak hitam dan menguning. Kebanyakan serangga ini tinggal bersama larva dan telurnya yang berwarna putih transulen pada bagian dalam daun. Tapi, ada pula yang bertelur pada bagian luar daun (seperti pada gambar).  The causing the leaves to curl inward or fold into the pocket are th e adults feed on the upper surface of young expanding leaves (Mannion et al, 2006). It will create a safe environment for adults t

Water Clover, Semanggi, Semanggen (Marsilea minuta L.)

This is Water Clover ( Marsilea minuta L.). The local people (Sumedang, West Java; Sundanese) called it "Samanggen", but mostly Indonesian called it "Semanggi". At a glance, it looks like "Creeping Woodsorrel" ( Oxalis corniculata ), even their local names are also the same i.e semanggi. But, both are totally different. Water Clover ( Marsilea minuta L.) is an aquatic fern (Pteridophyta). Conversely, Creeping Woodsorrel ( Oxalis corniculata ) is a terrestrial seed plant (Spermatophyta). Additionally, Water Clover ( Marsilea minuta  L.) is also bigger than Creeping Woodsorrel ( Oxalis corniculata )  Ini adalah Semanggi Air ( Marsilea minuta  L.). Penduduk sekitar (Sumedang, Jawa Barat; Sunda) menyebutnya Semangen, tapi sebagian besar orang Indonesia menyebutnya "Semanggi". Sekilas, tumbuhan ini mirip dengan Semanggi/Daun Asam Kecil ( Oxalis corniculata ), bahkan nama lokanyapun sama Semanggi. Tapi, sebenarnya keduanya sangat berbeda. S
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...